Monday, November 7, 2011

ME....

Being a MOM is not my entire identity.  I'm a woman.  There are many parts of my life and experiences that have made me who I am and that is Londi.  I've been reading blogs, and since I'm trying to find a niche here in the blogging community, I've been reading all sorts of what they call "Mommy" blogs.  What I've noticed is that so many women lose themselves and their identities of who they ARE and their lives revolve around well, just being a mom.  Well guess what....I don't feel that because I'm a mom that my entire existence and identity revolves around being a mom.  Yes, it's a HUGE part of my life and of my identity but it's not the only thing that makes me ME. I'm not sorry for it either.

Why should I lose myself because I have children.  Ladies, your husband/significant other didn't meet a mom when he met you and decided he wanted to marry you and have children.  He met you the woman. Don't lose that because you have children.  It's not to say that I don't make crazy sacrifices (like my sleep) to be at Lacrosse at 8 am on Saturday morning. Or do anything to make these kids happy.  Not to mention, the whole moving to suburbia.  I'm also not implying that having children doesn't or shouldn't change you. I'm just saying.... The last thing you want is for your kids to grow up and leave, and you and your husband have nothing to say to each other because your entire existence revolved around your kids.  Yes I'm imperfect, yes I am a Mom, and most importantly I'm me, I'm a woman who has a full, fun, mostly crazy, but blessed life.


Anyway, that's what was on my mind.  Have a fantastic day.

Ciao,

Londi
xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment