Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Confessions of a Sick Mommy....

Still feeling sick today.  Hopefully I can rest today because the kids have school.

Today's confession has to do with a day like today, I felt like crap. The difference was that I decided to haul tail to work even though I was sick.  On this occasion I went into the office and since I was sick, I must admit I didn't look my best.  Infact if I'm totally honest I looked like crud!

I went through the usual questions when I go in sick, "hey you feel ok?", "are you sick", "You don't look welll" blah, blah, blah! No I don't feel well OK!?! But I'm never rude, that reply only happens in my head. One of my staff comes into my office to ask me  a few work related questions and then it happens, she says "Londi, are you ok?" and I say "I'm sick" and then she goes on to say, "No offense, but you look  ugly today".  Ugly? Wow, I had never actually been told that.  I didn't feel offended, but I did feel like I was slapped figuratively speaking.  It just took me by shock, that word ugly.

I think this is what I looked like!
I must say that I really, really appreciated her brutal honesty.  It helped me reflect on myself.  The next day I did not feel my best, but I made sure that I went out the door looking as best I could.  From that day forward, I have made it my business to make sure that when I go out the door to work that I am happy with the way I look.

The next day, she came to the office apologizing because she went home and thought about what she said.  I told her that there was no need to apologize and that I honestly wasn't offended.  I will not mention her name in this blog, but if she reads which I know she does sometimes.  I want to THANK you for that comment.  Because from that day, you made me realize that I need to make sure that I go out to the world as the best me I can be (even though I may not feel like it!)

Thanks missy.

Until next time.

Ciao,

Londi
xoxoxo

3 comments:

  1. LOL!!! As Massiel and I read this one, we had to LOAO. If this is not about me it has to be about someone who reports too me..."TOO Funny". I must say even on your worst day, you don't look that bad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are correct, I'm sure you know who. Tell her to read it! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Londi this is old news, for all those who follow this blog, When Londi was a child and got sick I would argue with her and tell her no school today she went anyway That's Londi for you love you

    ReplyDelete